It's Our Birthday!
12.35pm, Monday 24th July 2017
It has been a quick year for us at The Hazelwell and this month we are celebrating our 1st birthday!
We have had such a good year and here are some of our highlights:
- The unannounced inspection by the independent regulator of all health and social services in England in which we achieved our 'good' rating by the Care Quality Commission
- Being named in the Top 20 Recommended Care Homes in the North West for 2017 by leading carehome website, carehome.co.uk, with a score of 9.9 out of 10
- Serving up free Christmas dinners to elderly residents in the town in an event to tackle what can be a lonely time of year
- Supporting the local hospital to beat the effects of winter pressures - we made beds available to Arrowe Park Hospital in Upton to provide short term care for patients and support them in their transition from hospital to home
- Hosting our community Garden Fete opened by our own distinguished resident - Bernice Quail
- Hosting a re-union evening within a couple of months of opening for former staff of the Cleaver Hospital, which occupied the original site where the care home is now situated
Liza Millington, our Home Manager, said: "We are so excited to be celebrating our 1st birthday and we're so proud of all that we have achieved throughout the year."
"It's only upwards and onwards from here at The Hazelwell!"
Hazelwell News index